Tenant Protections for Enterprise-Backed Multifamily Properties
- July 31, 2023 deadline to submit comments to the FHFA about requiring or encouraging specific tenant protections at multifamily housing backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Loans Rulemaking
- July 26, 2023 deadline to comment on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s proposed rule regarding how Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) loans should be regulated under the Truth in Lending Act.
- July 15, 2023 deadline to comment on CFPB’s request for information on Data Brokers and Other Business Practices Involving the Collection and Sale of Consumer Information.
Abusive Conduct Prohibited by CFPB
- July 3, 2023 deadline to submit comments on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s policy statement explaining what counts as prohibited “abusive conduct.”
Payment Supplement for Loss Mitigation
- June 30, 2023 deadline to submit comments to FHFA on its proposal to make loan modifications more affordable.
Language Access & Fair Lending
- June 26, 2023 deadline to submit comments to FHFA on codification of language preference collection, fair lending supervision and equitable housing finance plans.
FTC “Click to Cancel” Rules
- June 23, 2023 deadline to comment on proposed rule by FTC making it easier to cancel recurring subscriptions and memberships.
- June 12, 2023 deadline to submit comments to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration on AI accountability.
- June 6, 2023 deadline to submit reply comments to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding Stopping Telemarketing Calls
- May 30, 2023 deadline to submit comments to CFPB and FTC regarding a joint agency RFI on tenant screening.
Credit Card Late Fees
School Accountability Rulemaking
RFI on 203k Rehab Program
Misuse of FDIC Name or Logo
- April 7, 2023 deadline to comment on proposed rule on Official Sign and Advertising Requirements, False Advertising, Misrepresentation of Insured Status, and Misuse of Name or Logo. View Group Comments to FDIC
Access to Courts
- Apr. 3, 2023 deadline to comment on proposed rule by the CFPB establishing a registry of nonbanks that use form contracts to impose forced arbitration and other terms and conditions that seek to waive or limit consumer legal protections. View Group Comments to CFPB
CFPB Registry of Repeat Offenders
- March 31, 2023 deadline to submit comments on CFPB proposed rule requiring companies that are subject to public enforcement orders to report those orders to a CFPB registry.
Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Feb. 10, 2023 deadline to comment on a Declaratory Ruling sought at FCC by telemarketing Defendant
Unfair or Deceptive fees
Personal Financial Data Rights
Revisions to VA-Guaranteed Loans
- Jan. 3, 2021 deadline to comment of the Dept. of Federal Affairs’ proposed amendment to its rules on VA-backed interest rate reduction refinancing loans (IRRRLs).
Government and Business Impersonation Scams
- Dec. 16, 2022 deadline to comment on proposed rule by the FTC prohibiting the impersonation of government, businesses, or their officials.
Transitioning From LIBOR to Alternate Indices
- Nov. 18, 2022 deadline to comment on proposed rule by HUD replacing the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) with the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR).
Risks of Cryptocurrency
- Nov. 3, 2022 deadline to respond to Treasury Department request for input on illicit finance, national security risks posed by digital assets.
Motor Vehicle Dealers
- Sep. 12, 2022 deadline to respond to FTC’s proposed rule on Motor Vehicle Dealers Trade Regulation.
- Aug. 29, 2022 deadline to respond to Federal Reserve System’s proposed rule implementing the Adjustable Interest Rate (LIBOR) Act. Group Comments.
Bank Customer Service
Community Reinvestment Act Regulations
California’s Oversight of Crypto Products and Services
- Aug. 5, 2022 deadline to respond to California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation’s invitation to comment on the oversight of crypto-asset related financial products and services.
FTC Telemarketing Rule
- Aug. 2, 2022 deadline to comment on a proposed revision to the FTC’s telemarketing sales rule (87 Fed. Reg. 33677) and on an advance notice of proposed rulemaking (87 Fed. Reg. 33662).
Credit Card Late Fees
Central Bank Digital Currency
- May 20, 2022 deadline to comment on Federal Reserve Board discussion paper about whether to create a United States Central Bank Digital Currency. NCLC Comments.
Access to Federal Reserve Payment Services
Buy Now Pay Later Loans
- Mar. 25, 2022 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on buy now, pay later products. Coalition comments. NCLC comments.
- Feb. 14, 2022 deadline to submit comments to FINCEN on Bank Secrecy Act Regulations and Guidance. NCLC comments.
Energy and Utility – Water Assistance
Big Tech Payments
- Dec. 21, 2021 extended deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on how big tech payment systems use personal payments data, manage data access, and protect (or do not protect) consumers.
FHA mortgages and LIBOR
- Dec. 6, 2021 deadline to comment on HUD’s proposed rulemaking regarding a replacement index for existing FHA loans that use the LIBOR.
Surprise Medical Bills
- Dec. 6, 2021 deadline to comment on interim final rules by HHS implementing the No Surprises Act to address surprise medical bills.
Interagency Guidance on Third-Party Relationships
Fed Faster Payment Rules
Financial Institutions’ use of Cryptocurrency
- July 16, 2021 deadline to respond to request for information from the FDIC on current and potential digital asset (cryptocurrency) use cases involving financial institutions and their affiliates.
Access to Fed Accounts and Services
- July 12, 2021 deadline to submit comments on proposed guidelines for the Federal Reserve Board to evaluate access by banks and other entities to Federal Reserve master accounts and other services. Group Comments.
Financial Institutions’ AI Usage
- May 29, 2021 deadline to respond to the FTC’s request for comments on Dark Patterns topics ahead of their Bringing Dark Patterns to Light workshop.
Activities by Credit Union Subsidiaries
- Mar. 29, 2021 deadline to respond to proposed rule by National Credit Union Administration expanding the permissible activities and services for credit union subsidiaries to include originating any type of loan that a Federal credit union (FCU) may originate. Joint Comments.
Priorities for New CA Dept. of Financial Protection and Innovation
SSA Use of Equifax Data for Payroll Information
Federal Reserve Board Community Reinvestment Act Regulations
Overdraft Fees by Federal Credit Unions
Consumer Access to Financial Records
Fair Access to Financial Services
State Regulation of Nonbank Mortgage Servicers
- Dec. 31, 2020 deadline to comment to the Conference of State Bank Supervisors on proposed regulation of standards for nonbank mortgage servicers. NCLC Comments.
Payday Loan Disclosures
- Dec. 14, 2020 deadline to respond to CFPB’s request for comments on its plan to collect information for payday loan disclosure testing. Consumer comments.
Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Dec. 1, 2020 deadline to response to CFPB request for information on opportunities to prevent credit discrimination, encourage responsible innovation, promote fair, equitable, and nondiscriminatory access to credit, address potential regulatory uncertainty, and develop viable solutions to regulatory compliance challenges under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Regulation B. Group Comments.
- Nov. 5, 2020 extended deadline to respond to proposed changes by the Treasury Department CDFI Fund to the CDFI Certification Application. Group Comments.
Dept. of Education Rulemaking and Guidance Procedures
Dodd-Frank Mortgage Ability-to-Repay Rule on the Qualified Mortgage
- Oct. 1, 2020 deadline to comment on the CFPB’s proposed rule expanding the Dodd-Frank Ability to Repay rule for Qualified Mortgages to presume that a loan receives a safe harbor if it performs for three years and meets certain additional requirements. NCLC-CFA long comments. Short comments
- Sept. 8, 2020 deadline to comment on the CFPB’s proposed rule changing the Dodd-Frank Ability to Repay rule for Qualified Mortgages by replacing the current debt-to-income ratio threshold with a pricing-based threshold. NCLC, CFA and Prosperity Now long comments; Coalition shorter comments with terms sheet.
- Aug. 10, 2020 deadline to comment on the CFPB’s proposed rule regarding the extension of the sunset date for the Dodd-Frank Ability to Repay rule Qualified Mortgage patch for GSE loans. Comments submitted by NCLC and Consumer Federation of America.
FDIC Certification of Bank Fintech Partners
- Sept. 22, 2020 deadline to respond to FDIC Request for Information on Standard Setting and Voluntary Certification for Models and Third-Party Providers of Technology and Other Services. Comments submitted by NCLC and the Center for Responsible Lending.
CDFI Small Dollar Loan Program
- Sept. 10, 2020 deadline to respond to Treasury Department CDFI Fund Request for Information: Small Dollar Loan Program on criteria for grants for Loan Loss Reserves and Technical Assistance (TA) to enable Certified CDFIs to establish and maintain small dollar loan programs. Consumer comments.
Interest Rate Preemption and the “True Lender”
CFPB Advisory Opinions
CFPB Debt Collection Rules
Bank Use of Digital Technology and Innovation
FDIC Insurance for Industrial Loan Companies
- July 1, 2020 extended deadline to comment on FDIC’s proposed a rule governing deposit insurance applications for industrial loan companies. Group comments opposing proposal.
CFPB Taskforce on Federal Consumer Financial Law
Regulatory Enforcement and Adjudication
- March 16, 2020 deadline comment on request for information by the Office of Management and Budget on improving and/or reforming regulatory enforcement and adjudication and ensuring adequate due process in regulatory enforcement and adjudication.
Community Reinvestment Act
- March 9, 2020 deadline to submit comments on proposed amendments to regulations implementing the Community Reinvestment Act. NCLC comments.
CFPB Mortgage Disclosures
Fed Faster Payment System
Model Money Services Businesses Language
- Nov. 1, 2019 deadline to comment on model language for state money services businesses laws drafted by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors. Consumer comments.
HUD Disparate Impact Rules
- Oct. 18, 2019 deadline to comment on HUD proposal to change the disparate impact standard under the Fair Housing Act. Consumer Comments.
Same-Day ACH Payments
- July 15, 2019 deadline to submit comments on proposal by the Federal Reserve to allow submission of same-day ACH payments later in the day. Consumer comments.
CFPB Plan for Review of CFPB Rules
Overdraft Fee Rules
OCC Innovation Pilot Program
PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) Loans
- March 16, 2020 deadline to respond to FHFA’s request for public input on additional steps to deal with the “continued threat” that PACE loans pose to homeowners and the housing finance system.
- May 7, 2019 deadline to respond to the CFPB’s request for information on residential PACE financing.
State Model Payments Law
- April 20, 2019 deadline to respond to request for information from the Conference of State Bank Supervisors on issues related to state money transmission and payments regulation as regulators begin work on model legislation to introduce in all 50 states based on recommendations from their industry advisory panel.
CFPB No Action Letters and Product Sandbox
- Feb. 11, 2019 deadline to respond to the FTC’s request for comment on identity theft detection rules.
Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks
- Feb. 8, 2019 deadline to respond to request for comments by the CFPB and Federal Reserve Board on amendments to the regulations under the Expedited Funds Availability Act regarding the timing of access to funds deposited into accounts. Consumer comments.
- Feb. 5, 2019 deadline to comment on the agencies’ (OCC, Board, and FDIC) proposed rule to amend the regulations requiring appraisals for certain real estate-related transactions. Consumer comments.
Bank Small Dollar Loans
Military Credit Monitoring
- January 7, 2019 deadline to comment on FTC’s proposed rule to require the nationwide consumer reporting agencies to provide free electronic credit monitoring services for active duty military consumers. You may file a comment online here or here, or on paper. Group comments.