- September 19, 2023 deadline to comment to the CFPB and banking regulators on the standards for requesting the reconsideration of an appraisal value for home mortgages.
- November 14, 2023 deadline to comment on petition of NCLC, NACA et al. to the CFPB for a rulemaking to require meaningful, post-dispute consumer consent to arbitration.
Recently Closed Comments
Medical Credit Cards
- September 11, 2023 deadline to comment to the CFPB, HHS and Department of Treasury about high-cost medical credit cards and installment loans that are pushed on patients as a way to pay for routine medical care.
Standards for Automated Valuation Models (AVMs)
- August 21, 2023 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB and banking regulators on quality control standards for automated valuation models (AVMs).
FTC, AG Efforts to Adress Fraud
- August 14, 2023 deadline to submit comments to the FTC on ways it can work more effectively with state attorneys general nationwide to help educate consumers about, and protect them from, potential fraud.
2022 Consumer Protection Federal Priorities
The steps listed are common-sense reforms rooted in basic fairness that will fight fraud and help keep consumers in their homes, cars, and jobs so they can invest their wages in their local businesses and communities.Learn More