Recently Closed Comments
Financial Inclusion Strategy
- Feb. 20, 2024 deadline to respond to the U.S. Department of Treasury’s request for information to identify opportunities to advance financial inclusion through policy, government programs, financial products and services, technology, and other tools and infrastructure.
- February 7, 2024 deadline to comment to FTC on the Trade Regulation Rule on Unfair or Deceptive Junk Fees.
Digital Wallets & Payment Apps
- January 8, 2024 deadline to comment to the CFPB on a rule to enable supervision of the larger companies that offer services like digital wallets and payment apps.
- January 8, 2024 deadline to comment to the CFPB on money-transfer service companies operating in prisons and jails falling under their proposed rule to supervise larger participants in this market.
First Step Act Implementation
- January 8, 2024 deadline to comment to the Bureau of Prisons on the implementation of reentry provisions in the First Step Act.
Personal Financial Data Rights
- December 29, 2023 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on proposed rules to give consumers access to their data, the ability to share their data via intermediaries for various uses, and protections against misuse and exploitation of the data.
- November 14, 2023 deadline to comment on petition of NCLC, NACA et al. to the CFPB for a rulemaking to require meaningful, post-dispute consumer consent to arbitration.
FCRA / Medical Debt
- October 30, 2023 deadline to comment to the CFPB on a small business review panel that regulates data brokers, bans medical debts on credit reports, and improves the credit reporting dispute process.
- December 12, 2023 deadline to comment on FHA’s proposal to make loan modifications more affordable.
2022 Consumer Protection Federal Priorities
The steps listed are common-sense reforms rooted in basic fairness that will fight fraud and help keep consumers in their homes, cars, and jobs so they can invest their wages in their local businesses and communities.Learn More