We fight to approve the laws that protect low-income consumers. Visit Congress.gov for the status of a federal bill or to contact a member by phone or email (or call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121). You can find out who your U.S. representative is here, and Members’ Twitter handles are here.
Note: For more materials on a particular subject area, visit Our Work page.
NCLC 2023 Federal PrioritiesView All for NCLC 2023 Federal Priorities
January 13, 2023
January 23, 2023
118th Congress (2023-2024)
- H.R. 4763 (Rep. Thompson) Financial Innovation and Technology for the 21st Century Act. Oppose.
- S. 1984 (Sen. Menendez)/H.R. 4128 (Rep. Payne) Payment Choice Act of 2023. Support.
- H.R. 2498 (Rep. Huffman) Private Loan Disability Discharge Act. Support.
- S. 1963 (Sen. Sanders)/H.R. 4117 (Rep. Jayapal) College For All Act. Support.
- H.R. 2953 (Rep. Johnson)/S. 1376 (Sen. Blumenthal) Forced Arbitration Injustice Repeal (FAIR) Act. Support (letter); Press release
- S. 1408 (Sen. Booker)/H.R. 3038 (Rep. Allred) Ending Forced Arbitration of Race Discrimination Act of 2023. Support.
- H.R.2834 (Rep. Garcia) The Community Finance Language Inclusion Act. Support. Press Release.
- H.R.2835 (Rep. Garcia) The Multilingual Financial Literacy Act. Support. Press Release.
- S.94 (Sen. Shaheen) Investing in State Energy Act. (Weatherization) Support.
- S.1323 (Sen. Merkley) SAFE Banking Act. Neutral.
- S.3298 (Sen. Van Hollen) Consumer Online Payment Transparency and Integrity Act. Support.
- H.R. 3219 (Rep. Cherfilus-McCormick) Federal Disaster Housing Stability Act. Support.
- H.R. 2656 (Rep. Torres) Trigger Leads Abatement Act of 2023. Support.
- S. 2204 (Sen. Shaheen, Blumenthal, Fetterman) Manufactured Housing Tenant’s Bill of Rights Act of 2023. Support.
- S. 2295 (Sen. Warner) LIFT Homebuyers Act of 2023. Support.
- S. 2224 (Sen. Brown) Stop Predatory Investing Act. Support.