Racial Justice and Equal Economic Opportunity
- Civil Rights Groups and Allies Condemn White House Move to Censor Race and Gender Equity Training, Oct. 7, 2020
- Press release: HUD Guts Civil Rights Rule Used to Address Systemic Discrimination in the Housing Market on the Dawn of an Eviction and Foreclosure Crisis, Sept. 8, 2020
- A Looming Crisis: Black Communities at Greatest Risk of Covid-19 Foreclosure, July 2020
- Leading Civil Rights & Housing Groups Condemn President’s Effort to Gut Fair Housing, Use of Incendiary Racial Rhetoric for Political Gain, July 23, 2020
- National Consumer Law Center Statement: Time for Action on Racial Equity, June 4, 2020
- NCLC letter to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency opposing proposed changes that will weaken the Community Reinvestment Act, Jan. 28, 2020
- Coalition letter to Rep. Green supporting a bill requiring the Federal Housing Finance Agency to include language preference on the Uniform Residential Loan Application, Oct. 22, 2019
- Press Statement: HUD Proposal Would Significantly Obstruct Enforcement of Long-Standing Civil Rights Protections, August 19, 2019
- Issue Brief: Credit Invisibility and Alternative Data: Promises and Perils, July 2019
- Report: Inequitable Judgments Examining Race and Federal Student Loan Collection Lawsuits, April 2019 Press Release
- Report: Time to Stop Racing Cars: The Role of Race and Ethnicity in Buying and Using a Car, April 2019 Press Release
- Issue brief: The Wrong Tool for the Wrong Purpose: Why the Credit Scoring Provision in the Immigration Public Charge Proposal Is Illogical and Ill-Advised, Oct. 2018
About NCLC’s Racial Justice and Equal Economic Opportunity Project: Exploitative financial practices have drained wealth and resources from families and communities of color. The National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) works at the national and state levels to protect these families’ pocketbooks and rebuild their wealth so that they can survive and thrive in the U.S. financial marketplace.
From NCLC’s groundbreaking anti-discrimination litigation and public policy advocacy, training, and support for attorneys and other advocates, and public education, we are committed to building economic security for vulnerable families of color so they can achieve the American Dream.
Free Racial Justice Webinars
Check out NCLC’s series of webinars on Rebuilding Wealth and Economic Opportunity in Communities of Color. The series focuses on restoring economic opportunity and preventing discrimination in communities that were decimated by the foreclosure crisis and the Great Recession. Listen to past webinars or sign up to be notified of future webinars.