Racial Justice and Equal Economic Opportunity
- The National Consumer Law Center Stands with the Asian American Pacific Islander Community and Condemns the Hate-Fueled Violence in Atlanta, Mar. 23, 2021
- Group letter to Acting CFPB Director re: Racial Justice Priorities for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Feb. 18, 2021
- NCLC Comments to Federal Reserve System’s Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on the Community Reinvestment Act, Feb. 16, 2021. Group Comments.
- Leading Civil Rights Groups Commend President Joe Biden’s Executive Action to Advance Fair Housing and Racial Equity, Jan. 26, 2021
- National Consumer Law Center Statement on the Capitol Siege and Our Commitment to Racial Equity as We Celebrate the Life and Work of Martin Luther King, Jr., January 15, 2021
- A Looming Crisis: Black Communities at Greatest Risk of Covid-19 Foreclosure, July 2020
- Issue Brief: Credit Invisibility and Alternative Data: Promises and Perils, July 2019
- Report: Inequitable Judgments Examining Race and Federal Student Loan Collection Lawsuits, April 2019 Press Release
- Report: Time to Stop Racing Cars: The Role of Race and Ethnicity in Buying and Using a Car, April 2019 Press Release
- Issue brief: The Wrong Tool for the Wrong Purpose: Why the Credit Scoring Provision in the Immigration Public Charge Proposal Is Illogical and Ill-Advised, Oct. 2018
About NCLC’s Racial Justice and Equal Economic Opportunity Project: Exploitative financial practices have drained wealth and resources from families and communities of color. The National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) works at the national and state levels to protect these families’ pocketbooks and rebuild their wealth so that they can survive and thrive in the U.S. financial marketplace.
From NCLC’s groundbreaking anti-discrimination litigation and public policy advocacy, training, and support for attorneys and other advocates, and public education, we are committed to building economic security for vulnerable families of color so they can achieve the American Dream.
Free Racial Justice Webinars
Check out NCLC’s series of webinars on Rebuilding Wealth and Economic Opportunity in Communities of Color. The series focuses on restoring economic opportunity and preventing discrimination in communities that were decimated by the foreclosure crisis and the Great Recession. Listen to past webinars or sign up to be notified of future webinars.
Share this post: