Scammers, illegal payday lenders, and other unscrupulous actors use payment processors and banks to take money from consumers. NCLC works to protect consumers’ accounts from unauthorized charges and to cut off scammers’ access to the payment system.
- Written testimony for House Financial Service Committee Hearing on Digital Wallets, Apr. 28, 2022
- Comments to FinCEN on Payment Fraud in Anti-Money Laundering Activities, Feb. 14, 2022
- Group Comments to CFPB on Big Tech Payment Systems, Dec. 21, 2021; press release
- Fed faster payment (FedNow) rules: Coalition, NCLC and joint industry-consumer comments, Sept. 9, 2021
- Testimony before House Oversight Committee on the FTC’s payment processor cases, July 26, 2018