NCLC promotes affordable water rates for low-income households in the United States.
Issue Briefs, Press Releases, and Reports
- NCLC/NRDC Fact Sheet on Recent Federal Covid-19 Relief Funding to Help Consumers with Water and Sewer Bills, April 5, 2021
- Issue Brief: A Guide for Advocates to Recent Federal Covid-19 Relief to Help Consumers Pay for Essential Energy, Water, and Broadband Service, March 2021
- NCLC and NRDC Letter to U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services re: Implementation of the Low-Income Drinking Water and Wastewater Emergency Assistance Program (Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021), February 10, 2021
- NCLC Briefing Statement to the Massachusetts Advisory Committee to the United States Commission on Civil Rights re: the need for access to safe and affordable water service during and beyond the COVID-19 crisis, May 19, 2020
- NCLC Comments on President Peevey’s Alternate Proposed Decision in the water affordability docket at the CA Public Utility Commission (Sept. 2, 2014), and Reply Comments (Sept. 8, 2014)
- Report: Review and Recommendations for Implementing Water and Wastewater Affordability Programs in the United States, March 2014
- NCLC Reply Comments on the Proposed Decision in the California Public Utility Commission re: water affordability, June 23, 2014
- Comments (Aug 23, 2013) and Reply Comments (Sept. 13, 2013) of National Consumer Law Center and The Utility Reform Network (TURN) to the California Public Utility Commission re: Draft Staff Report on Balanced Rate Rulemaking re: affordable water rates.
- Comments (Mar. 1, 2012) and Reply Comments (Mar. 22, 2012) of NCLC and The Utility Reform Network (TURN) to the California Public Utilities Commission re: water affordability rates in high cost areas, Mar. 1, 2012
- Comments: on EPA’s proposal to lower water quality standards for distressed small water systems in the name of affordability (Docket Id. No. OW-2005-005), May 2006
- NCLC Report: Soaking Tenants: Billing Tenants Directly For Water and Sewer Services, Energy & Utility Update, Fall 2003
- Recommendations of the National Drinking Water Advisory Council to U.S. EPA on its National Small Systems Affordability Criteria, July 2003
- NCLC’s Energy and Utility Publications and Resources