By participating in one or more of NCLC’s listservs, all members must agree to the following:
- All communications made in NCLC’s listservs should be treated as confidential and, to the extent legally permissible, may not be disclosed to anyone other than a member of the group, unless both the fact and content of the communication are clearly not meant to be confidential. All doubts must be resolved in favor of confidentiality. Members should be aware, however, that confidentiality cannot be assured.
- Communications should be relevant to the topic of the group; the listserv should not be used for unrelated messages.
- Members agree to be respectful, not to SHOUT, and not to include offensive or inflammatory messages or language.
- Please be mindful of the fact that listserv members receive numerous emails each day. Do not post messages or “reply all” (including “thank you” or “I agree”) unless you think it should be read by or will be useful to a large number of the members.
- By joining the listserv, you represent that you meet the conditions for membership; you agree to notify NCLC immediately if any change results in your no longer meeting those conditions; and you agree to abide by the rules of the group.
If you have any questions about NCLC’s listservs or rules, please contact: [email protected].