New rules protecting prepaid cards against hidden fees and fraudulent charges are in jeopardy!
Congress is threatening to use an obscure law to block common sense new rules the CFPB just enacted to:
But NetSpend, the only major prepaid card company that charges overdraft fees, is pushing Congress to block the rule to preserve $80 million in overdraft and other fees charged each year to struggling families.
Please call your U.S. senators through the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121, or find their office number here. You can also fill out the form below to access the email message. Every letter makes a difference but a letter with your own concerns has the greatest effect. Your email will be sent directly to your senators and congressional representative.
- Writing an Effective Letter to Your Elected Official
- Writing a Letter to the Editor
- Calling Your Senators
- Voice your support for the CFPB and the CFPB's prepaid credit card rules at a local upcoming event for your member of Congress and sign up to learn about future ones.
- COMPLAIN to the CFPB about a problem with a prepaid card or call toll-free at (855) 411-2372.
- LEARN MORE about the Prepaid Cards Rule.
- LEARN MORE about NCLC’s work to improve prepaid debit cards and payroll cards.
*By sending an email letter, you agree to receive occasional email updates from NCLC. You can unsubscribe at any time.