Summer Mortgage Conference
June 5 - 6, 2023
The Summer Mortgage Conference featured sessions on post-pandemic loss mitigation options, RESPA caselaw updates, and a variety of hot topics in the representation of homeowners. Experts from around the country delved into topics such as:
- Fighting foreclosure of zombie second mortgage loans
- Ongoing issues in implementation of the Homeowner Assistance Fund
- Litigating mortgage servicing cases
- Role of Attorneys General in homeownership cases
- Preventing property tax foreclosure
- Truth in Lending Act origination claims
- Language access in mortgage servicing, and
Day one of the conference will also feature a mini intro track for newer advocates, including an overview of how to handle foreclosure defense cases and an intro to the RESPA mortgage servicing rules.
Day two included a special book club breakfast with keynote lunch speaker Sofia Ali-Khan, author of A Good Country: My Life in Twelve Towns and The Devastating Battle for a White America.