These are unprecedented times: low-income and vulnerable homeowners are struggling to pay their mortgages, a rise in scam activity is predicted during this economic crisis, and federal and state laws and regulations are changing rapidly. We invite you to join NCLC advocates and leading experts in the field for more than 10 sessions covering critical mortgage and foreclosure issues to learn strategies and tactics for effectively representing your clients during and in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
The webinars covered the following topics:
- Intro to TILA/RESPA Servicing Claims
- COVID-19 Mortgage Relief: Forbearance and Loan Mod Options for Federally Backed Mortgages
- Saving Homes in the COVID-19 Pandemic: Legal Claims and Strategies for Non-Federally Backed Mortgages
- Home Equity Theft and Foreclosure Rescue Scams 101
- Home Purchase Scams: Investigation, Funding Structure, Claims and Defenses
- Stopping Reverse Mortgage Foreclosures: COVID-19 Updates
- FCRA Issues in Mortgage Cases
- Multi-Servicer Cases
- Strategic Advocacy on Home Scams: Working with Local Government, Effective Outreach
- You are a lawyer and that neither you nor anyone in your organization represents business or commercial clients (except in disputes between two businesses) or is engaged in any business other than providing legal representation to consumers, OR
- You are an employee of a state or federal regulatory or enforcement agency or of a state or federally funded nonprofit legal aid organization.
Non-attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations should email Anna Kowanko, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of their employer and a brief description of what they do prior to registering