March 8th-12th, 2021
Need a deeper dive into the FDCPA and TCPA? This March is your chance! NCLC will host a virtual week-long Fair Debt Collections Conference during the week of March 8th, 2021. With no more than three sessions offered per day, content is more spread out with down time built in so you can continue the important work of your practice during the conference.
Learn more about NCLC and the incredible work we do to advance economic justice.
- Conference attendance is open to attorneys who can certify all of the following: Neither I, nor anyone in my firm: (1) sue consumers on consumer debt; (2) advise businesses regarding debt collection or evictions involving consumers, or (3) represent landlords in evictions.
- Neither I, nor anyone in my firm, defend any clients against FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, or other consumer claims.
- In the previous 5 years, I have not engaged in any of the activities described in the two preceding certifications, or I have sent a written explanation to email@example.com of any such work in the past 5 years.
- I do not handle debt settlement matters, or if I do represent clients in debt settlement affairs, I do not engage in any disqualifying conduct.
- Non-attorneys who wish to attend should email us as well (firstname.lastname@example.org) with information about your occupation and interest in attending the conference.
- If you are a private practice attorney and attending the conference for the first time, please refrain from making nonrefundable travel reservations for fifteen business days after you submit your registration to allow for verification of your certification. If you have questions about this please email email@example.com.
* Non-attorneys who wish to attend should email firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your occupation and interest in attending the conference.
|Discount 1 (NACA/NACBA)
|Discount 2 (Non Prof/Gov)
|Scholarship (Legal services/Next Gen)
NEW! TCPA Symposium
This year NCLC is offering an insider Symposium on the TCPA. Session topics include:
- Using NEW and old regulations under the TCPA to litigate debt collection claims
- TCPA Updates – Decisions from the Supreme Court, Appellate and District Courts, and updates from the FCC and Congress, and
- TCPA — All the claims you can bring which do NOT involve an ATDS issue.
You may register separately for the Symposium or add it to your Main Conference registration!
NEW! Legal Aid & Next Generation 50% Scholarship
Through NCLC’s Campaign for the Future and its supporters, private attorneys with less than 5 years of experience (Next Generation) and all Legal Aid lawyers will receive an automatic 50% scholarship to attend NCLC Conferences. This scholarship opportunity automatically lowers the cost of attendance to $139 when registering for the conference (discount valid through 2/12/2021).