April 17, 2019 at 2:00-2:30PM (ET)
Lauren Saunders, Associate Director (National Consumer Law Center)
Dana Wiggins, Director of Outreach and Financial Advocacy (Virginia Poverty Law Center)
Join us for a quick, 30-minute webinar designed for legal services organizations on how you can help us defend the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) payday loan rule and how you can help your clients who are stuck in un-affordable payday loans. You are welcome to join us even if you are not with a legal services organization. The webinar will be Wednesday, April 17 at 2:00 pm Eastern time and we will cover:
- What parts of the payday loan rule are going into effect August 19, 2019 and what parts the CFPB has proposed to rescind;
- The status of the fight over the rule and coalition strategy;
- How legal services organizations, including those funded by the Legal Services Corporation, can help defend the rule;
- What type of comments and stories will be most helpful for the May 15, 2019 comment deadline;
- Tips for helping clients stuck in payday loans, including both illegal online loans and legal storefront ones.
We hope you can join us! Can’t wait for the webinar or want to do more? Contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no charge for this webinar and all time listings are in Eastern Time. NCLC does not provide CLE credits for webinars, but will give certificates of attendance following the webinar for those who are interested.
If you are unable to attend the webinar, rest assured that it will be archived on the NCLC webinar page. Still have questions? Please email SarahEmily Pina at email@example.com.