Through Stay Connected, NCLC attorneys conduct trainings for non-attorney advocates and front-line social service workers to help low-income Massachusetts residents avoid termination of their utility services. Advocates learn the eligibility requirements for electric utility discounts, how to prevent service from being shut off, and how to restore service if it was terminated.
To schedule a training in Massachusetts, please e-mail email@example.com.
Online Video Training
Advocates may also watch the training online (see below).
You will need the following materials, provided below:
1. Training handouts (referred to by color and/or title during the training).
2. Download Utilities Advocacy for Low-Income Households in Massachusetts (print as many copies as needed).
- Training Outline (Light Blue)
- “Who you gonna call?” on utilities cases (Dark Blue)
- Sample Bills (White #2)
- Scenarios (Lilac)
- Checklist of Key Utilities Protections (Salmon)
- Chart of Key Utilities Protections (Yellow)
- Retroactive Application of the Discount Rate (Turquoise)
- Water Brochure (Orange)
- Evaluation Form (Green)
- Authorization for Release Form (White #3)
- Discount Rate Informational Handout (Gold)
- Lifeline Information (Ivory)