The following rulemakings are outstanding. Some agencies may accept comments after the deadline. For completed regulatory comments in a particular subject area, visit the appropriate Issues page or Regulatory Reform and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
All of the CFPB's requests for comment can be viewed here. All agencies' open rulemakings, and submitted comments, can be viewed at http://www.regulations.gov, which is searchable by docket number and other means.
CFPB's Enforcement Processes
- April 13, 2018 deadline to respond to CFPB request for information about the efficiency and effectiveness of its processes related to the enforcement of Federal consumer financial law.
CFPB's Adjudication Proceedings
- April 6, 2018 deadline to respond to request for information on the CFPB's rules of practice for adjudication proceedings.
CFPB's Civil Investigative Demands
- March 27, 2018 deadline to submit comments in response to request for information about the CFPB's civil investigation demands and processes.
- Feb. 18, 2018 deadline to respond to CFPB request for information about about consumers' experience with free access to credit scores.
Fair Housing Act
- Jan. 26, 2018 comments on HUD's Implementation of the Fair Housing Act’s Discriminatory
- Jan. 26, 2018 deadline to respond to request for comments from NACHA on expanding same day ACH payments and credits. Feb. 23, 2018 deadline to request to request for comments on interest in ACH processing on weekends and holidays.
CFPB Complaints System
- Dec. 28, 2017 deadline to respond to CFPB's request for comments on Information Collection Plan for Consumer Complaint and Information Collection System and on Consumer Response Intake Form. Consumer comments.
Direct Selling Industry
- Letter to the FTC regarding the Commission's guidance to the multi-level-marketing (MLM) industry, Nov. 3, 2017
Small Business Lending
- Sept. 14, 2017 deadline to respond to CFPB request for information about data collection on credit applications by small, women-owned and minority-owned businesses.
- Aug. 14, 2017 deadline to comment on proposed amendments by the CFPB to the prepaid account regulations. Consumer comments.
Nursing Home Arbitration Agreements
- Aug. 7, 2017 deadline to comment on proposal by CMS to rescind rule barring forced arbitration clauses in nursing home contracts.
Altered and Forged Checks
- Aug. 1, 2017 deadline to comment on proposed rule by the Federal Reserve Board on the treatment of disputed checks.
- July 31, 2017 deadline to comment to the Treasury Department on regulations that can be eliminated, modified, or streamlined in order to reduce burdens in order to implement President Trump's directive to eliminate 2 regulations for every 1 new one.
Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule
- July 31 2017 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on its assessment of the Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule. Group Comments.
Gainful Employment, Student Loan Borrower Defense and Arbitration Rules
- July 12, 2017 deadline to comment to the Department of Education on two negotiated rulemakings to revise gainful employment regulations and rules adopting procedures to give borrowers defenses to repayment of students loans for fraudulent schools and prohibiting forced arbitration clauses.
- July 10, 2017 deadline to comment to the CFPB on its assessment of the Mortgage Servicing Rules under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. Group Comments.
VA Mortgage Loans
- June 12, 2017 deadline to comment on Loan Guaranty: Revisions to Allowable Charges and Fees Assessed Incident to VA-Guaranteed Home Loans, Consumer comments
Campus Debit Cards
- June 8, 2017 deadline to comment on the fees charged on campus debit cards and proposed disclosures. Group comments.
- June 8, 2017 deadline to respond to CFPB's request for information about the credit card market. NCLC Comments and attachments
- May 23, 2017 deadline to submit comments to CFPB on assessment of international remittances rule. Consumer comments.
Consumer Remittance Transfer
- May 23, 2017 deadline to comment on CFPB's plans for assessing the effectiveness of the remittance rule. Consumer comments.
- May 19, 2017 deadline to respond to request for information from the CFPB about the impact of alternative data on credit access for consumers who are credit invisible. Group comments.
Ethnicity and Race Information Collection
- May 25, 2017 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on proposed amendments to regulations under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act regarding data reporting || Consumer Comments
- May 4, 2017 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on proposed amendments to Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) regarding ethnicity and race Information collection. Consumer Comments
OCC Fintech Charter Applications
- April 14, 2017 Comments re: Evaluating Charter Applications From Financial Technology Companies
- April 14, 2017 deadline to comment on the OCC's draft supplement to its Licensing Manual explaining how licensing standards and requirements applying for special purpose national bank charters.
- April 5, 2017 deadline to comment on the CFPB's extension of the effective date of the prepaid card rule. Consumer comments.
Consumer Access to Own Financial Records
- Feb. 21, 2017 deadline to respond to request for information by the CFPB on consumers' ability to access their financial account and account-related data in connection with other products or services. NCLC comments. Coalition comments.
- Feb. 17, 2017 deadline to respond to advance notice of proposed rulemaking by OCC, FDIC and Fed on cyber risk management standards (enhanced standards) for large and interconnected entities under their supervision and those entities’ service providers.
Executive Order Reducing Regulations
- Feb. 13, 2017 Comment and letter to OMB on executive order on "Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs"
OCC Fintech National Bank Charter