The following rulemakings are outstanding. Some agencies may accept comments after the deadline. For completed regulatory comments in a particular subject area, visit the appropriate Issues page or Regulatory Reform and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.All of the CFPB's requests for comment can be viewed here. All agencies' open rulemakings, and submitted comments, can be viewed at http://www.regulations.gov, which is searchable by docket number and other means.
- June 8, 2017 deadline to respond to CFPB's request for information about the credit card market.
Consumer Remittance Transfer
- May 23, 2017 deadline to comment on CFPB's plans for assessing the effectiveness of the remittance rule
- May 19, 2017 deadline to respond to request for information from the CFPB about the impact of alternative data on credit access for consumers who are credit invisible.
Ethnicity and Race Information Collection
- May 25, 2017 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on proposed amendments to regulations under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act regarding data reporting.
- May 4, 2017 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on proposed amendments to Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) regarding ethnicity and race Information collection.
OCC Fintech Charter Applications
- April 14, 2017 Comments re: Evaluating Charter Applications From Financial Technology Companies
- April 14, 2017 deadline to comment on the OCC's draft supplement to its Licensing Manual explaining how licensing standards and requirements applying for special purpose national bank charters.
- April 5, 2017 deadline to comment on the CFPB's extension of the effective date of the prepaid card rule. Consumer comments.
Consumer Access to Own Financial Records
- Feb. 21, 2017 deadline to respond to request for information by the CFPB on consumers' ability to access their financial account and account-related data in connection with other products or services. NCLC comments. Coalition comments.
- Feb. 17, 2017 deadline to respond to advance notice of proposed rulemaking by OCC, FDIC and Fed on cyber risk management standards (enhanced standards) for large and interconnected entities under their supervision and those entities’ service providers.
Executive Order Reducing Regulations
- Feb. 13, 2017 Comment and letter to OMB on executive order on "Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs"
OCC Fintech National Bank Charter
Framework for new OCC chartered nonbank entities that fail
- Nov. 14, 2016 deadline to respond to proposed rule by the OCC to implement a framework for receivership of an "uninsured bank" (i.e., a nonbank that is granted an OCC charter under a new regime the OCC is considering). Consumer Comments. Press release.
Payday and Installment Loans
- November 7, 2016 deadline to respond to the CFPB's Request for Information about practices involving practices and loans not addressed in the proposed rule governing payday, installment and auto title loans. Consumer comments.
- October 7, 2016 deadline to comment on proposed rule to regulate payday and installment loans. Group comments.
Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information
- November 7, 2016 deadline to respond to the FTC request for comments on its Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information (‘‘Safeguards Rule’’ or ‘‘Rule’’).
- Oct. 27, 2016 extended deadline to comment on proposed guidance by the FDIC on bank third-party lending partnerships. Consumer Comments.
- Oct. 18, 2016 deadline to comment on various CFPB proposed amendments to mortgage disclosure requirements under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and the Truth in Lending Act that are implemented in Regulation Z. Group Comments.
- Letter from NCLC and 38 other advocacy organizations urging the FCC to oppose opt-in customer consent for broadband & other telecom. providers and to prohibit forced arbitration clauses in contracts, Sept. 7, 2016
Student Loan Debt and Arbitration Clauses
- Aug. 1, 2016 deadline to comment on Dept. of Education proposal on borrower defense to repayment of predatory school loans and proposal to bar forced arbitration clauses. NCLC and legal services comments. Shorter coalition comments. Broad coalition comments on arbitration.
Mortgage Disclosure Rate
- Oct. 18, 2016 deadline to comment on proposed amendments to mortgage disclosure rules.
Arbitration and Class Actions Bans
- August 22, 2016 deadline to comment on CFPB proposal to prohibit arbitration clauses that contain class action bans. Summary || NCLC Comments || Press Release
FFIEC Consumer Compliance Rating System
- July 5, 2016 deadline to comment on proposed Uniform Interagency Consumer Compliance Rating System to be used by federal bank examiners. Consumer comments.
- May 31, 2016 deadline to submit comments responding to the OCC's white paper about how to support responsible financing innovation.
- Consumer comments and exhibits.
- June 17, 2016 deadline to comment on rules proposed by the FTC permitting warranties to be posted online.
Mobile Financial Services and Economic Inclusion
- June 15, 2016 deadline to comment to FDIC on its plans for exploring the economic inclusion potential of mobile financial services.
Arbitration Clauses in Internet Contracts
- May 26, 2016 deadline to respond to FCC's request for comment on whether it should ban forced arbitration clauses in internet broadband contracts. Consumer comments.
Regulatory Review (mortgage appraisals, interchange fees)
- March 23, 2016 deadline to comment on whether various regulations (including those covering mortgage appraisal rules and debit card interchange fees) are outdated or need updates.
- Consumer comments on interchange fees and prepaid cards, Mar. 22, 2016
- Consumer comments to the OCC on mortgage successors in interest, Mar. 21, 2016.
FTC Holder Rule
- Feb. 12, 2016 deadline to file comments for the FTC's review of the holder rule, which protects car buyers, students and others from fraudulent practices in credit sales. Consumer comments.