On behalf of our low income clients, we are monitoring the following legislative activities. Visit Congress.gov for the status of a bill or to contact a member by phone or email (or call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121). You can find out who your representative is here, and Members’ Twitter handles are here. You can also email your representatives.
Note: For more materials on a particular subject area, visit our Issues page.
- S. 610 (Sen. Blumenthal)/H.R. 1423 (Rep. Johnson), Forced Arbitration Injustice Repeal (FAIR) Act. Consumer support letter on House and Senate bills.
- S. 630 (Sen. Brown) Arbitration Fairness for Consumers Act. Support.
- S. 608 (Sen. Durbin) Court Legal Access and Student Support (CLASS) Act. Support.
Consumer Financial Protection
- H.R. 1500 (Rep. Waters) Consumer First Act. Support letter.
- S. 1336 (Senators Warren and Warner): Data Breach Prevention and Compensation Act. Support.
- (Rep. Waters) Comprehensive Consumer Credit Reporting Reform Act of 2019. Support letter.
- H.R. 2324 (Rep. Garcia) /S. 1205 (Sen. Gillibrand), Protections in Consumer Lending Act. Support.
- S. 571 (Sen. Merkley) Residential Rent to Own Protection Act. Support.
- S. 787 (Sen. Warren) American Housing and Economic Mobility Act of 2019. Support letter.
- S. 331 (Sen. Cortez Masto)/H.R. 936 (Rep. Velasquez), Home Loan Quality Transparency Act. Support.
- Indiana SB 613. NCLC & CRL analysis.
Privacy and Data Breaches
- Coalition letter urging Congress to prioritize civil rights in upcoming privacy legislation, Feb. 13, 2019
- S. 1153 (Senators Baldwin, Braun, Shaheen and Fischer) Stop Student Debt Relief Scams Act of 2019. Support.
For more information about NCLC’s advocacy for consumer rights, learn about the Spanogle Center for Consumer Advocacy.