On behalf of our low-income clients, we are monitoring the following legislative activities. Visit Congress.gov for the status of a bill or to contact a member by phone or email (or call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121). You can find out who your representative is here, and Members’ Twitter handles are here.
Note: For more materials on a particular subject area, visit our Issues page.
117th Congress (2021-22)
Access to Justice
- Forced Arbitration Injustice Repeal Act (Rep. H. Johnson). Support Letter.
- H.R. 1491 (Rep. Dean), Fair Debt Collection Practices for Servicemembers Act. Support.
- H.R. 1671 (Rep. Bonamici), to amend the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to safeguard access to information for consumers and to stop abusive debt litigation, and for other purposes. Support.
- H.R. 2458 (Rep. Auchincloss), Non-Judicial Foreclosure Debt Collection Clarification Act. Support.
- H.R. 2547 (Waters), Comprehensive Debt Collection Improvement Act. Support Letter.
- S. 355 (Sen. Van Hollen), COVID–19 Medical Debt Collection Relief Act of 2021. Support.
- S. 210 (Sens. Rubio, Warren), Protecting JOBs Act. Support.