Skip to content
113th Congress (2013-2014) – Archive
- H.R.3137 (Schakowsky) & S. 1534 (Harkin), Freedom and Mobility in Consumer Banking Act (Support)
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- S. 2732 (Toomey),Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Examination and Reporting Threshold Act of 2014. Consumer coalition letter in opposition.
- H.R. 3193 (Duffy), Consumer Financial Protection and Soundness Improvement Act of 2013, a package of bills designed to gut the CFPB. Consumer opposition letter. Feb. 11, 2014
Consumer Freedom of Speech
- H.R.5499 (Swalwell), Consumer Review Freedom Act of 2014 (support)
Fair Debt Collection
- S. 2328 (Toomey), exempting attorneys from the FDCPA (Opposition Letter), May 12, 2014
Housing Finance Reform
- Letter Opposing H.R. 3211, the “Mortgage Choice Act of 2014.”, Sept. 15, 2014
- Letter Opposing H.R. 1779, which would weaken protections for manufactured home loans, Sept. 4, 2014
- H.R. 5148 (Luetkemeyer), Access to Affordable Mortgages Act of 2014, which exempts certain mortgages from appraisal requirements. AFR letter in opposition.
- H.R. 4963, National Homeowners Bill of Rights Act of 2014 (Support).
- H.R. 5553, Preventing Improper Foreclosures Act of 2014 (Support)
Operation Choke Point
Prepaid and Payroll Cards
- H.R. 2804 (Holding), Achieving Less Excess in Regulation and Requiring Transparency (ALERRT) Act (H.R. 2804) (oppose)
- H.R. 2122 (Goodlatte), Regulatory Accountability Act (RAA)
- H.R. 2542 (Bachus), Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act (RFIA)
- H.R. 2804 (Holding), All Economic Regulations are Transparent (ALERT) Act
- H.R. 1493 (Collins), Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act
- H.R. 367 (Young), Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny (REINS) Act
- H.R. 899 (Foxx), Unfunded Mandates Information and Transparency Act
- Group letter to members of Congress urging them to oppose HR 4 the “Jobs for America Act“, Sept. 18,2014
- Letters supporting the Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2013 (Cohen) and the Fairness for Struggling Students Act of 2013 (Durbin) permitting dischargeability of private student loans, Feb 6, 2013
Housing Finance Reform
- H.R. 5446 (Royce), The Facilitating Access to Credit Act: Letter of opposition
- H.R. 2538 (Fitzpatrick)/S. 1613 (Kirk), The Credit Access and Inclusion Act: Letter expressing concerns.
- H.R. 1767 (Waters), S. 160 (Merkley), Medical Debt Responsibility Act. Support letter.
- H.R. 1002 (Cohen)/S. 471 (Sanders), Fair Access to Credit Scores Act
Payday Lending and Small Dollar Loans
- Letter opposing H.R. 1566, the “Consumer Credit Access, Innovation, and Modernization Act” (May 6, 2013) creating a federal charter for internet payday and other lenders.
- S. 673 (Durbin)/H.R. 5130 (Cartwright), Protecting Consumers from Unreasonable Credit Rates Act. April 9, 2013 support letter to Sen. Durbin. July 10, 2014 support letter to Rep. Cartwright.
- Letter supporting the Stopping Abuse and Fraud in Electronic (SAFE) Lending Act of 2013 (Bonamici), March 4, 2013
Student Loans and Financial Aid