After the failure or bankruptcy of a bank or lender, there can be significant consequences for consumers who have a loan with the distressed institution. NCLC has gathered extensive documents and resources for attorneys and advocates representing clients of these banks and lenders.
- Chapter 11 Documents
- The List of Bankrupt Lenders (includes Judges’ orders pertaining to claim bar dates, transfer of assets, confirmation of plan, as well as voluntary petitions and chapter 11 plans).
- List of Failed Banks along with their claim bar dates
- Bank Insolvencies: Bars to Jurisdiction and to Claims and Defenses (NCLC Reports)
- Q&A Regarding the IndyMac Bank Failure
- Purchase and Assumption Agreements
Bankruptcy Mortgage Project
A resource for the bankruptcy community with access to local rules, forms, general orders, and court opinions addressing a variety of mortgage issues in consumer bankruptcy cases.