CFPB Arbitration Rule Social Media Toolkit
Please share with our campaign hashtag #RipoffClause and attach images wherever possible!
- .@CFPB #RipoffClause rule ensures consumers can challenge bank fraud like @WellsFargo in court. STATEMENT: [LINK TO YOUR STATEMENT]
- New: @CFPB finalizes #RipoffClause rule to restore consumers’ right to join together & challenge bank fraud like @WellsFargo in court! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQ2tRW_AwE
- New @CFPB rule ensures consumers can enforce rights & challenge big banks in court. No more hiding behind #RipoffClause to break the law! [ATTACH IMAGE #1]IMAGE #1 (To download it, rigth click on the image > Save image as)
- With bank contracts, the devil is in the details. Thanks to @CFPB rule, consumers can join together to fight fraud despite #RipoffClause. [ATTACH IMAGE #2]IMAGE #2 (To download it, rigth click on the image > Save image as)
- NEW: 310 #consumer #civilrights #labor & #smallbiz groups support @CFPB rule to restrict #RipoffClause. Read here: http://bit.ly/2muPunn [ATTACH IMAGE #3]IMAGE #3 (To download it, rigth click on the image > Save image as)
- .@WellsFargo pledged to fix things, but still uses #RipoffClause to cheat consumers. New @CFPB rule says no more! http://bit.ly/2muPunn [ATTACH IMAGE #4]IMAGE #4 (To download it, rigth click on the image > Save image as)
- Our military protects us — new @CFPB #RipoffClause rule protects servicemembers & civilians against fraud & scams. http://bit.ly/2ro1LxJ [ATTACH IMAGE #5]IMAGE #5 (To download it, rigth click on the image > Save image as)
- #Military & #veterans support NEW @CFPB #RipoffClause rule, which ensures consumers can defend against fraud & scams http://bit.ly/2slr96c [ATTACH IMAGE #5]IMAGE #5 (To download it, rigth click on the image > Save image as)
Sample Facebook posts:
- [SHARE CFPB VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/CFPB/videos/1527454810632237/]We got a big win! The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) issued a final rule to ensure consumers can enforce their rights and challenge big banks in court.This move protects consumers from forced arbitration – a tactic devised by corporate attorneys for Wall Street banks to block consumers from challenging illegal behavior in court. The new CFPB rule ensures that big banks like Wells Fargo can longer cover up widespread fraud by forcing consumers into a secret arbitration proceedings.
Read a letter from 310 consumer, civil rights, labor, and community groups supporting the rule here: http://bit.ly/2muPunn
- [SHARE OUR VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/AmericansforFinancialReform/videos/10153884932905808/Customers have been trying to sue Wells Fargo over fraudulent accounts since at least 2013. But the bank was able to force their claims out of the public eye by invoking fine print in their contracts. These “ripoff clauses” helped Wells Fargo keep its massive fraud out of the spotlight for so long.The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) issued a final rule to ensure consumers can enforce their rights and challenge big banks in court. No more hiding behind ripoff clauses to break the law!
- Predatory schemes often specifically target our military, leading to significant financial strain on servicemembers, veterans, and their families. Congress has extended financial protections to military families – but banks and lenders use fine-print “ripoff clauses” to block servicemembers from enforcing these rights in court.A new rule from the CFPB ensures servicemembers can defend their rights protections against lenders that target our military. It has received strong support from the Military Coalition (representing 5.5 million servicemembers) and 29 military groups.Read our statement here: [LINK TO YOUR STATEMENT & ATTACH IMAGE #5]