Military Lending Act
- Dec. 26, 2014 extended deadline to comment on DOD’s proposed rules expanding the Military Lending Act’s 36% rate cap and arbitration ban to more forms of credit. Consumer Comments.
CFPB No-Action Letters
Auto Lenders Subject to CFPB Examination
- Dec. 8, 2014 deadline to comment on CFPB proposed rules defining the larger participants in the auto lending market subject to CFPB examination. Comments.
Robo Calls to Cell Phone
- Comments filed Nov. 17, 2014 opposing Consumer Bankers Association petition to FCC to expand exemptions to Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Credit Practices Rule and Other Bank UDAPs
- Oct. 27, 2014 deadline to comment on proposal by bank regulators to repeal Regulation AA (setting forth unfair, deceptive or abusive practices by banks) (due to repeal of authority in Dodd-Frank Act). NCLC Comments.
Financial Coaching Evaluation
Expanded HMDA Mortgage Data
Telemarketing Sales Rule
Public Access to CFPB Complaint Narratives
- September 22, 2014 extended deadline to submit comments on CFPB proposal to permit consumers to make available to the public the narratives of the complaints they submit to the CFPB on particular companies. Consumer comments.
- Sept. 10, 2014 deadline to respond to CFPB request for comments on mobile financial services. NCLC Comments.
Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act
- Sept. 2, 2014 deadline to comment on 10-year review of regulations that are outdated, unnecessary or burdensome. Consumer comments to OCC on preemption and Garn St. Germain and to Fed on remotely created checks and Regulation CC.
- Aug. 15, 2014 pre-workshop deadline and Oct. 15, 2014 final deadline for comments to the FTC on Big Data: A Tool for Inclusion or Exclusion?
CFPB Debt Collection Survey
- August 22, 2014 extended deadline to submit comments on the CFPB’s proposal to survey consumers about their experiences with debt collectors.
Annual Privacy Notices
- July 14, 2014 deadline to comment on proposed rule permitting companies that use a model form and limit data sharing to post their annual privacy notices online instead of by delivering them individually.
Truth in Lending Act – Regulation Z (Qualified Mortgage Rule)
- June 6, 2014 extended deadline to comment on CFPB proposal to extend to 2020 a temporary exemption that permits insured institutions to estimate certain pricing disclosures for international remittances.
For-Profit Career Colleges
- May 27, 2014 deadline to respond to proposed rules by the Department of Education to protect students from predatory, poor-performing career colleges. Summary of proposal.
California Payday Loans
- May 21, 2014 deadline to respond to proposed California Department of Corporations regulations governing internet payday loans and the relationship between prepaid cards and payday loans. NCLC Comments.
TANF EBT Restrictions and Cash Access
- May 7, 2014 deadline to comment to HHS on proposed rules to implement ban on access to EBT cards at liquor, gambling and adult entertainment venues and requirement that states provide adequate access to cash benefits. NCLC Comments.
Supervision of Larger International Remittance Providers
- April 1, 2014 deadline to comment on the CFPB’s proposal for how to define the larger international money transmitters who will be subject to CFPB supervision.
- February 28, 2014 deadline to submit comments to the CFPB on how it should regulate debt collectors. NCLC Comments and Shorter Coalition Comments. S. 2328 (Toomey), exempting attorneys from the FDCPA (oppose).
CFPB Consumer Advisory Board
- Feb. 28, 2014 deadline to apply to be a member of the CFPB’s Consumer Advisory Board.
Collection of Data on Bank Fees and Remittances
- Feb. 13, 2014 deadline to submit comments to banking agencies on collection of data on overdraft, ATM and monthly fees and on remittance transfers. NCLC comments.
Mortgage Closing Process
FHA guaranteed mortgages
- July 14, 2014 deadline to comment on HUD’s proposed HAWK pilot program underwhich first-time homebuyers will receive a discount on FHA mortgage insurance premiums if they complete a series of housing couseling courses from HUD-approved agencies. NCLC Comments.
Integrated mortgage disclosures
- July 7, 2015 deadline to respond to CFPB request for comment on a proposal to extend the effective date for the new, TILA/RESPA-integrated mortgage disclosures. The disclosure rules and new forms were originally scheduled to become effective on August 1, 2015. The CFPB proposes to change that date to October 3, 2015. NCLC Comments.
- Feb. 7, 2014 deadline to respond to CFPB request for information on the mortgage closing process.
- January 13, 2014 deadline to comment on proposed rules by NACHA imposing greater obligations on banks, payment processors and merchants to scrutinize the payments they originate and process. Consumer Comments.