SAVE THE DATE
Sheraton Hotel New Orleans
Earn up to 14 hours of CLE credit!
Special conference hotel room rate of $199 per night!
This 2-day conference features both an introductory and advanced tracks on bringing FDCPA lawsuits.
Choose your track
- Introductory Track: This introductory track will get you up to speed on your first debt collection abuse cases. Learn about the laws protecting consumers from abusive debt collection practices and proceed to more in-depth sessions on developing these cases and a fair debt collection law practice. Tentative Agenda
- Advanced Track: The advanced track is for intermediate to experienced Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) practitioners who want to delve more deeply into developments in FDCPA law and discuss issues related to a busy FDCPA practice. At least one session will discuss issues arising under the Telephone Consumer Practices Act (TCPA). Faculty will be drawn from top consumer rights litigators from around the country. Tentative Agenda
- Employed by government, legal services, or non-profit agencies;
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) members who have been members since at least 2015 and have practices limited to consumer debtors; or
- National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) members.1 2
1 Private attorneys wishing to attend the Introductory Track who are not currently NACA members should apply for NACA membership by January 31, 2017. To become a member of NACA, please apply at http://www.consumeradvocates.org.
2 Private attorneys wishing to attend the Advanced Track must have been NACA members since at least 2015.
Additional Requirements for Advanced Track:
- Previously attended the Introductory Track;
- Previously attended the Advanced Track; or
- Won summary judgment or successfully defeated a motion to dismiss in at least 5 FDCPA cases.
- NACA/NACBA member (by 2/24/17) $480 (after $535)
- Nonprofit/Legal Aid/Government Attorney (by 2/24/17) $410 (after $455)
A $75 handling fee will be charged for the conference cancelled by Feb. 28, 2017; $150 will be deducted from refunds thereafter.
Sheraton New Orleans (500 Canal St. New Orleans, LA 70130) in located in the heart of New Orleans just steps from the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, the Riverwalk, and the Warehouse District. Rooms in the Sheraton New Orleans are available at a special room rate of $199 (single and double occupancy) on a first come basis until March 3rd, 2017, when the rate will increase.
Book a room: Sheraton New Orleans Website
Local RestaurantsNew Orleans' list of best restaurants
January 31, 2017 – Deadline to APPLY to become a NACA member
February 24, 2017 – Deadline for reduced conference registration rate
March 1, 2017– Registration cancellation fee increases from $75 to $150
March 3, 2017 – Deadline for reduced hotel room rate (supply limited)
March 20, 2017—Last day to register online
FDCP Conference Sponsorship Package.