Special News only for NCLC List Serve, NACA, and NACBA Members
Recent NCLC eReports (updated 6/21)
Login may be required to view eReports.
Access to NCLC eReports is FREE for those who are on automatic subscription status for at least one NCLC treatise. Log in at www.nclc.org/webaccess. Need help with login? Call 617-542-9595.
Want an email alert announcing new eReports articles and other breaking developments? Click here.
Not on automatic subscription for your NCLC books? Click here.
Hot Topics (updated 6/11)
- The CFPB has amended its rules on mortgage escrow requirements, effective June 1, 2013.
- The CFPB has loosened the ability to pay rule for credit cards, effective May 3, 2013.
- Wells Fargo settles a complaint re foreclosed homes in black and Latino neighborhoods.
- The CFPB on March 28 issued a final rule effective that day that weakens consumer protections from predatory fee harvester credit cards. For a press release criticizing the rule, see here.
- On March 27, the Supreme Court in Comcast Corp. v. Behrend decided (despite a highly critical four-person dissent) that class certification's predominance requirement could not be based upon a plaintiff expert's regression model of damages.
- On March 28, the CFPB released its database of over 90,000 searchable complaints on mortgages, bank products, student loans, and credit cards, organized by category and including the company's response. Tips on use can be found here.
Upcoming Webinars (updated 6/21)
Click a webinar title for speakers and more information.
The Latest Deals and News on NCLC Books (updated 5/23)
- New editions are now available of Bankruptcy Basics and Instant Evidence. Don't forget to use discount code LISTSERVE10 for a NACA/NACBA/list serve 10% discount.
- 2013 edition of Surviving Debt ($25; 504 pp.) -- everything you need to know about advising families in financial distress. Many attorneys use our deeply discounted bulk pricing (as low as $10/copy) to use this book as an impressive handout to clients or community leaders.
- 20% off all updates (including supplements) and free shipping and free NCLC eReports by signing up to receive your annual treatise updates on an automatic subscription basis--all updates sent on 30-day return basis
- 40% off updates for those on automatic subscription to the 20-volume set
- $100/$150/$200 off for multi-book purchases--see www.nclc.org/deals
Upcoming Conferences and Trainings (updated 3/15)