On behalf of our low income clients, we are monitoring the following legislative activities. To find out the status of a bill and current co-sponsors, visit www.thomas.gov.
Note: For more materials on a particular subject area, visit our Issues page.
114th Congress (2015-16)(See the Archive page for earlier Congresses.)
Mortgage Ability to Repay Protections
- H.R. 685 Mortgage Choice Act (coalition letter opposing)
- Letter in Support Budget Amendment Limiting Use of Guarantee Fees for Unrelated Initiatives, March 18, 2015
- H.R.1514 (Sanchez), Credit Reporting for Military Families Act (support)
- H.R.347 (Royce) Facilitating Access to Credit Act of 2015 (oppose)
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Coalition letter opposing efforts to weaken the CFPB, Jan. 21, 2015
- H.R. 650: Coalition Opposition Letter, Feb. 26, 2015
- HR 185 (Goodlatte), Regulatory Accountability Act of 2015. Coalition opposition letter.