In our increasingly complex financial world, vigilant government oversight is essential to protect consumers in the financial marketplace. NCLC works to improve our consumer protection system to ensure that it will stop abuses and will create incentives for the financial industry to offer fair, sustainable financial products and services.
CFPB Policy Analysis
CFPB Policy Briefs, Reports & Press Releases
- Press Release: Consumers win with CFPB credit report changes, Feb. 27, 2014
- Statement re: CFPB's new mortgage rules, January 9, 2013
- More Briefs Reports & Press Releases ...
- Comments on Policy to Encourage Trial Disclosure Programs, Feb. 15, 2013
- Comments to CFPB on procedures to designate a nonbank as risky and in need of supervision, July 24, 2012
- More CFPB Comments ...
- Coalition letter opposing efforts to weaken the CFPB, Jan. 21, 2015
- Letter opposing Carper Amendment on Attorney General Enforcement and Preemption, May 13, 2010
- Coalition Letter Supporting Financial Reform, April 2010
- More CFPB Letters ...
- Testimony re Safeguarding Consumer Protection and the Role of the Federal Reserve, July 2009
- Webinar: The New Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: What Can It Do, What Should It Do?, September 15, 2010
By: Lauren Saunders, Kathleen Keest (CRL)
Presentation || Recording