The National Consumer Law Center monitors and comments on the potential benefits and risks to consumers regarding various ways to finance home energy efficiency improvements, including:
- On-bill financing, where the loan repayments are included on the utility bill, and
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) loans, where the local city or town finances the improvements.
If you have additional materials or questions on this topic, please contact Charlie Harak (charak [at] nclc.org or at 617-542-8010) in our Boston office or Olivia Wein (owein [at] nclc.org) in our DC office (202-452-6252).
- Coalition comments on Draft Best Practice Guidelines for Residential PACE Financing, August 18, 2016 || Press release
- Letter regarding Conference of Senate 2400 and House 4385, An Act to Promote Energy Diversity, July 18, 2016
- Comments of the National Consumer Law Center and Consumer Federation of America regarding "Mortgage Assets Affected by PACE Programs", March 2012
- NCLC Comments and Reply Comments to the California Public Utilities Commission Regarding On-Bill Financing and Repayment of Energy Efficiency Measures, Feb. 2012