Foreclosure Prevention Counseling Resources
Practical tools and resources for housing counselors, attorneys, and other advocates who are counseling homeowners threatened with foreclosure.
Sample Documents and Practice Aids from Foreclosure Prevention Counseling (3d ed. 2013)
- Sample Forms, Letters, and Loan Documents
- Practice Aids. Includes a loan calculator, checklists, and much more.
- Helpful Websites (p. 291)
- Other weblinks
Includes relevant HUD mortgagee letters.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Fannie Mae Information
- Fannie Mae Borrower’s Financial Statement Form (English)
- Fannie Mae Borrower’s Financial Statement Form (Spanish)
- Fannie Mae Agreement for Modification or Extension of a Loan
- Fannie Mae Announcement 6-18
- Fannie Mae Request for Military Indulgence
Freddie Mac Home Affordable Modification Program
- On March 4, 2009, Freddie Mac announced details about the Home Affordable Modification Program, a loan modification program that supports the federal Making Home Affordable program. This new loan modification program, which is effective immediately and replaces the Streamlined Modification Program, offers a strong foreclosure prevention solution by expanding eligibility to borrowers who are delinquent as well as borrowers who are current, but facing imminent danger of default.
- Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide Bulletin provides detailed requirements for servicers to implement, underwrite, and service eligible Freddie Mac-owned mortgages under the new Home Affordable Modification program.
- Guide Bulletin 2009-13 (Update, May 26, 2009)
Other Resources for Housing Counselors
- Understanding the National Mortgage Settlement: A two-part webinar and downloadable guide
- HUD Housing Counseling Handbook
- FDIC Loan Modification Program Guide: “Mod in a Box”
- HAMP FAQ for Counselors
- Organizations helpful to counselors
National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program