The 2014 Handling Mortgage Servicing Cases under
the New CFPB Regulations conference was held on June 23, 2014 in Dallas, TX.
This intensive provided an in-depth review of the privately enforceable mortgage servicing regulations under RESPA and TILA that went into effect on January 10, 2014. Topics included:
- Early intervention and continuity of contact requirements
- Loss mitigation procedures (including dual tracking protections)
- Notices of error and requests for information (the QWR procedure under RESPA has been completely changed)
- Requests for identity of mortgage owner
- Requests for payoff statements
- Force-placed insurance requirements
- Periodic mortgage statements
- Mortgage payment application
- Payment change notices
- Private remedies under RESPA and TILA
- Strategies for identifying and proving damages
Speakers: NCLC's John Rao and Tara Twomey.
* Photo courtesy of Dallas CVB