SAVE THE DATE: March 12 -13, 2015 (Thursday & Friday)This introductory course will get you up to speed on your first debt collection abuse cases. Learn about the laws protecting consumers from abusive debt collection practices and proceed to more in-depth sessions on developing these cases and a fair debt collection law practice. Faculty includes top consumer litigators from across the country. CLE credit is available in most states (up to 15 hours). Tentative agenda.
Who: The 2 day training is only for NACA members, long-time NACBA members with practices limited to consumer debtors, assistant attorneys general, and legal aid lawyers. A tentative agenda is on the back. Private attorneys should go to www.NACA.net to join the National Association of Consumer Advocates well in advance of the training.
Online registration will be available in January.
What last year's attendees said they liked about the training:
- "All the CLE sessions were excellent, and the lecturers were all very passionate about their areas of practice... full of practical and useful advice for consumer advocates in private practice."
- "The variety of presenters and presentation styles really made the time fly. The sense of community really took me aback too."
- "Multifaceted training covering law AND practical practice tips."
- "The legal services break out session defending consumers in state court and how debts are collected..."
- "...made contacts with other consumer attorneys"
Plan time to visit the monuments and museums in our nation's capital.
Special discount hotel room rate of $175 per night
Register in January, space is limited!